Hi Carol.... what sweet pictures of your precious little one. I just read your comment on Kimberley's blog about sleeping issues and I just wanted to tell you that I understand. We went through it with Hannah too for over 2 years. A lot of the time my husband didn't understand. But I knew what I needed to do to help my child heal. You can read my comment to Kimberley to understand what I am saying... but I just wanted to offer you encouragement in that you are not alone. I believe you are doing the right things.... it will get better.... she will heal and one day you will all be able to sleep normally! After over two years one day I told Hannah I wasn't sleeping in her room that night.... she looked at me, put her hand on her hip and said, "I cry..." WELL! There it was.... lol she had come to the point where she wasn't traumatized any longer... yes it was hard on her but it wasn't going to HURT her for Mommy to not sleep with her any more.... Hang in there.... I know it is even harder when their Daddy doesn't understand why we do the things we do.
2 comments:
Hi Carol.... what sweet pictures of your precious little one.
I just read your comment on Kimberley's blog about sleeping issues and I just wanted to tell you that I understand. We went through it with Hannah too for over 2 years. A lot of the time my husband didn't understand. But I knew what I needed to do to help my child heal.
You can read my comment to Kimberley to understand what I am saying... but I just wanted to offer you encouragement in that you are not alone. I believe you are doing the right things.... it will get better.... she will heal and one day you will all be able to sleep normally!
After over two years one day I told Hannah I wasn't sleeping in her room that night.... she looked at me, put her hand on her hip and said, "I cry..."
WELL! There it was.... lol she had come to the point where she wasn't traumatized any longer... yes it was hard on her but it wasn't going to HURT her for Mommy to not sleep with her any more....
Hang in there.... I know it is even harder when their Daddy doesn't understand why we do the things we do.
She is so cute...
Post a Comment